The Tennessee Public Health Association’s Policy Positions for 2021-2022
As approved by Board of Directors on April 23, 2021
- Increase and Protect Funding for Public Health Agencies and Programs
- Uphold the ACA and Expand Access to Health Coverage and Services
- Uphold Critical Public Health Laws/Regulations and Reverse Damaging Rollbacks
- Address Climate Change as a Public Health issue
- Address Gun Violence as a Public Health issue
- Advance Racial Equity
- TPHA is opposed to challenges to public health authority like legislation removing local and metro authority.
- TPHA supports making Governor Lee’s executive orders issued in response to COVID-19 pandemic permanent. Specifically, this includes making increased access to Telepharmacy and Telehealth and increased authority for advanced practice nurses permanent.